SICK PET EXAMINATION
Book an at-home sick pet examination online or call us on 1300 34 35 80
Pawssum provides pet care by trusted, local vets in the comfort of your home
Open 365 days, 7:30am-10:30pm Australia wide and NZ
Cost: from $159
If you are worried about your pet’s health or behavior, one of Pawssum’s caring local vets can come out to your home to give your pet a thorough examination, make sure it is ok, answer any concerns you have about your furry friend and prescribe the best form of treatment.
Pawssum’s at-home vets provide a convenient service for pets that is free from hassle, travel and stress. A booking can be made either online or by calling us.
Some of the most common reasons why you would request a vet include:
- Vomiting or diarrhea that lasts for more than a day or two, or is accompanied by other symptoms such as lethargy, loss of appetite, or dehydration.
- Persistent coughing or sneezing, especially if it is accompanied by nasal discharge, difficulty breathing, or wheezing.
- Loss of appetite or weight loss, particularly if it is sudden or significant.
- Lethargy, depression, or lack of energy that persists for more than a day or two.
- Changes in behavior or personality, such as increased aggression or anxiety, or sudden changes in activity levels.
- Lameness, limping, or difficulty walking or standing, particularly if it is accompanied by swelling, redness, or heat in the affected area.
- Skin rashes, sores, or lesions that are red, inflamed, or oozing, particularly if they are spreading or worsening over time.
- Any signs of pain or discomfort, such as whimpering, yelping, or reluctance to move or be touched.
During a mobile vet visit, the veterinarian will perform a thorough physical examination of the sick pet to assess their overall health and determine the underlying cause of their symptoms. Here are some of the things that may happen during a mobile vet visit:
- The vet will start by asking you questions about your pet’s symptoms, medical history, and behavior.
- They will then perform a physical examination of your pet which may include checking temperature, pulse, and respiration rate, listening to their heart and lungs, and examining their eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. They might also collect a blood or urine sample for analysis at the lab.
- Once the vet has gathered all the necessary information, they will provide a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan based on your pet’s specific needs.
- If necessary, the vet may prescribe medication or other treatments to help manage your pet’s symptoms and promote healing.
- For cases which require in-clinic procedures such as x-rays, ultra-sound and surgery, Pawssum partners with local vet clinics to ensure continuity of care for your pet. Pawssum also provides emergency vet services in selected locations.
The consultation and health examination may include:
• Heart and pulse check
• Lung and respiration check
• Mouth and dental check
• Eye check
• Ear check
• Nose check
• Weight check
• Joint mobility check
• Lab work such as blood test, lump sampling or urine testing (if required, this will be an additional cost).
Throughout the examination, our mobile vet will work closely with you to ensure that your pet receives the best possible care, and both you and your pet are comfortable and as stress free as possible. They may also provide you with tips and advice on how to keep your pet healthy and prevent future illnesses.
The cost of a thorough at-home clinical pet examination by one of our local vets is $159*.
We offer 30% off for examinations of any additional pets during the same visit.
* Medications and lab work such as blood tests are an additional cost which will be communicated to you by your visiting vet.
* Weekends, after hours and public holidays attract surcharges to the standard visit price. Ask our team via chat for more information.
* We do not have any hidden callout fees.
Compassionate and gentle
Dr. Beshoy was wonderful in helping us assist our Pug Nibbler across the rainbow bridge. Gentle and compassionate, he was very obviously sympathetic to our strong emotions on the day and he treated our boy like he was his own.… I cannot thank him enough, he made a day that was always going to be heartbreaking just that little bit more bearable. Read more “Compassionate and gentle”
Dr Julia was awesome
Easy booking process, great communication, and vet was able to attend quite quickly on a Saturday, even though it wasn’t an emergency. Our cat Storm has had some recent bad experiences at vet surgeries, which makes him very anxious and… a bit aggressive – we were recently told we would have to sedate him heavily to bring him in for a consultation. We booked a home visit with Dr Julia and it was amazing – he was very happy in his own environment, and just thought Dr Julia was giving him lots of cuddles. Dr Julia was very knowledgeable, kind & caring. She came up with some very helpful suggestions on how to proceed with his condition, and left me feeling very reassured. Read more “Dr Julia was awesome”
Dr Stuart was just so warm and kind to our elderly cats needs. We did end of like care for 4 weeks. He made sure she was comfortable. And returned on our request. So glad we found a vet service… that came to our home. Thanks so very much. R.I.P Ziva. Read more “Very compassionate.”
Genuine and Gentle
Pawsumms is the most wonderful service.
To have Dr Tamara come to our home took away the clinical aspect and it was a more relaxing experience for Ethan our 15 year old spoodle and our family . Dr Tamara… came out and watched Ethan for quite a while ,I had asked for her to come for a Quality of life assessment She had seen him a few times towards the end.
Sadly it was time to let Ethan pass.
I had asked for Dr Tamara there was no other vet I wanted at this incredibly sad time in our lives and am grateful that she was so patient and genuine. I’m so glad I chose a home passing it was also very special. Read more “Genuine and Gentle”
Highly recommend Dr Beshoy
Dr Beshoy was very patient and understanding with both my Rosie and myself. As hard as the process was to say goodbye, Dr Beshoy was able to give my much loved Rosie a very peaceful departure to doggie heaven.
Thoughtful and Kind
Dr Stuart was so compassionate and gentle during our quality of life assessment and then enabled us to provide a peaceful loving goodbye to our beloved Labrador, when the time was right. Highly recommend this service as a stress free… way for our pets to be offered quality care. Read more “Thoughtful and Kind”
Great come to you service!
Dr Kaitie was fantastic, really appreciated her coming to my home. She’s fantastic with cats, and was so gentle with mine. Showed me what I needed to do (with cat nail trimming, which I was worried about), and even had… my cat coming back for pats despite having just been vet poked and prodding. As a cat owner, you know your cat is okay if they’re accepting Hooman worship after the INDIGNITY of vet examination. My little black cat says “5 stars; would let her come in the house again (though hopefuly Dr Kaitie doesn’t need to come again any time soon)”. Read more “Great come to you service!”
Dr Stephen Bennet
I can not Praise Dr. Stephens Empathy and Love he showed to my Darling Puddah before she crossed over to Rainbow Bridge 🙁 …. he was EXCELLENT & Professional and made such a hard choice as easy as it could… be Read more “Dr Stephen Bennet”