Terms and Conditions Overview
Welcome to Pawssum! Please read this document carefully. It governs your relationship with us and sets out legally binding provisions which regulate your use of our website platform (including any desktop and mobile versions of it, and any of our associated smartphone applications) and the services that We make available through our platform.
If you have any questions about this agreement please contact us here.
• We are a service that allows users to book appointments with various third-party providers of pet services, such as (but not limited to) veterinarians, groomers, minders and others for the purpose of helping pets in need.
• We do not actually provide any of these pet services. Instead, we serve as an intermediary, helping connect you with the providers of the pet services.
• Because we do not provide any of these services, we are not a party to a contract for any pet services with you. If you have any issues, you will need to raise it with the pet service providers.
• You will be able to pay the pet service providers for the services you want through our website or on the Pawssum app. We will charge you a fee for using Pawssum to obtain pet services.
• When using our Service, you agree that you will not participate in any activities that will harm us, other users or pet service providers, or will violate the law or any rights of third parties.
• We can terminate your account at any time for any reason.
• If you cancel your booking within 24 hours of the appointment time, or you are not available on your phone 30 minutes prior to the appointment, or not contactable when the vet is at your door, Pawssum reserve the right to charge the house call fee as per booking, due to potential loss of revenue resulting from the booked service provider not being able to attend another booking.
• We are not responsible for any damages that you may suffer by using the any of the services Pawssum connects you with. Any and all risks involved in using the services fall on your shoulders, and, therefore, we are not liable in any way for any liabilities that you may incur or damages that you may suffer.
• To make sure Pawssum’s service provider is fully compensated for the services provided, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to (i) place on hold or pre-authorise the estimated fees of the service to be provided, or (ii) refund, provide credits, or arrange for Stripe to do so. Pawssum reserves the right to cancel an appointment if there was an issue with the pre-authorisation of the estimated fees of the service to be provided.
Acceptance Of This Agreement
Pawssum is a technology platform that functions as a booking facility between our users and third-party service providers. Pawssum enables users to book “at-home” pet care services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT INDEPENDENT THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS (“Service Providers”), NOT PAWSSUM, PROVIDE THE PET SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVICE. We are not a party to any contract between you and a service provider for pet services (a “Service Contract”) and we do not offer any of the pet services or function as a service provider. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, we will not intervene with any service contract that you enter into with service providers and cannot be considered part of any service contract.
We are not responsible for the performance of service providers and do not have control over: (i) the quality, timing, safety, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of the pet services or the Service Providers; or (ii) the integrity, actions, or omissions of any service provider.
We also do not have control over: (i) the truthfulness or accuracy of any representations made by the service providers; (ii) the ability of service providers to provide the pet services; or (iii) the ability of users to pay for the pet services agreed upon in a service contract. As a result, we do not—and cannot—guarantee that the parties will comply with any or all terms of a service contract.
In order to use the service, you must create a user account and provide us with your first and last name, mobile number, email address, and password. By creating an account, you affirm that you are over eighteen (18) years of age and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement. You agree to be truthful in any categorisation of your pet to appropriately match you with a service provider. You further agree to abide by and comply with this Agreement and not transfer your Pawssum account. In addition, you affirm that: (i) you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Service; (ii) the information you provide to us is accurate and complete; (iii) you will keep your password secure; and (iv) you will notify us of any suspected breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
Communications Between Users And Service Providers
Pawssum allows for the communication and sharing of information between users and Service Providers to facilitate the use of Pet Services. Like many online services, Pawssum contains interactive features and areas that allow users to post, transmit, or store text or other materials, such as requests for Pet Services, public discussions, member feedback, and third-party links (collectively, “User Content”). The user content you submit, share, post, or display may be seen by other users on the site.
When interacting with other users or service providers, please exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with other persons that you don’t know. Each user should undertake his or her own research to be satisfied that a service provider is suitable to provide the pet services that you are requesting.
If you post user content to Pawssum, post links on our service, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Site, you acknowledge that you are entirely responsible for the user content and any consequences resulting from the posting of this content. The user content that you post does not reflect any views of Pawssum and are your own views. Further, we do not verify or approve any posted user content, and material in the form of opinions are not our opinions. You should only provide user content that you have the right to share and are comfortable sharing with others under this agreement and agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any user content to or through the service that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right, right of privacy, right of publicity, or any other right of any entity or person; or that is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane, or that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or Pawssum rule or policy. If you violate, or are suspected of violating these terms, we reserve the right to remove any and all of your user content from the service and cancel your account.
Fees, commissions and billings
We are not a party to any service contract. However we will charge a percentage as management fees, to be deducted from the advertised price of the pet services, on each Service Contract between a user and a Service Provider. We reserve the right to change the foregoing fees and agree to notify users of any changes in fees prior to providing an invoice.
For Users: To enter into a service contract you will be required to provide your credit card details to Stripe (the payment service provider retained by us) as part of the customer registration or booking process. Unless specifically advised by you, your card details will be kept on the Stripe system for future payments if required.
Users will be responsible for paying the invoice for each Service Contract (the “Invoice”), which will include the pricing terms of the Service Contract (“Service Payment”), any extra payments related to the Service Contract and the fee we assess for the Service Contract, based on the total payment amount. Within twenty-four (24) hours after you become a party to a Service Contract, you authorise Pawssum to process the total payment amount and any fees owed to us.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion (but not the obligation), to (i) place on hold any Service Payment and extra payments, or (ii) refund, provide credits, or arrange for Stripe to do so. Users of the Service will be liable for any taxes (such as GST) required to be paid on the Service Contract provided under the Agreement (other than taxes on the Company’s income).
This payment structure is intended to fully compensate the Service Provider for the Pet Services provided. After you have received Pet Services obtained through Pawssum, you will have the opportunity to rate your experience and leave additional feedback about your Service Provider.
if the total house call amount is greater than $150.00 Pawssum will charge you the credit card processing fees which are 1.75% of the total house call amount. Dangerous breeds as well as pets that it is not easy to handle during the visit, will attract extra costs, this will be advised to you before or during the visit.