ANNUAL PET EXAMINATION
Book an at-home annual pet examination online or call us on 1300 34 35 80
Pawssum provides pet care by trusted, local vets in the comfort of your home
Open 365 days, 7:30am-10:30pm Australia wide and NZ
Cost: from $159
Annual health checks and consultations can help diagnose, treat and even prevent problems before they become serious and are important for maintaining your pet’s health and well-being. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Early Detection of Health Issues: Annual exams can help detect potential health issues early, before they become serious or life-threatening. This can help your veterinarian intervene early and provide the appropriate treatment.
- Prevention of Illnesses: Regular check-ups and preventative care, such as vaccinations and parasite prevention, can help keep your pet healthy and prevent the spread of disease.
- Monitoring Your Pet’s Health: Annual exams allow your veterinarian to monitor your pet’s overall health and track changes in their weight, body condition, and behavior over time. This can help your veterinarian identify any potential health concerns and provide personalized care for your pet.
- Management of Chronic Conditions: If your pet has a chronic condition, such as diabetes or arthritis, annual exams are essential for monitoring their condition and adjusting their treatment plan as needed.
- Relationship Building with Your Vet: Regular visits to the vet help build a relationship between your pet and their veterinarian. This can help reduce stress and anxiety during future visits and ensure that your pet receives the best possible care.
The consultation and health examination includes:
• Heart check
• Dental check and assessment
• Eye and ear check
• Weight and joint mobility check
• Lab work such as blood test, lump sampling or urine testing (if required, this will be an additional cost).
For cases which require in-clinic procedures such as x-rays and surgery, Pawssum partners with local vet clinics to ensure continuity of care for your pet.
The cost of a thorough at-home clinical pet examination by one of our local vets is $159*.
We offer 30% off for examinations of any additional pets during the same visit.
* Medications or treatment (such as blood tests) is an additional cost which will be communicated to you by your visiting vet.
* Weekends, after hours and public holidays attract surcharges to the standard visit price. Ask our team via chat for more information.
* We do not have any hidden callout fees.
Dr Stuart was so lovely and gentle with our dog Willow. He explained everything to us and didn’t rush through his visit. Highly recommend this service. Thank you.
Dr Peter was amazing
Dr Peter was amazing he really saved my dog she is doing so much better couldn’t recommend him enough
Compassionate and gentle
Dr. Beshoy was wonderful in helping us assist our Pug Nibbler across the rainbow bridge. Gentle and compassionate, he was very obviously sympathetic to our strong emotions on the day and he treated our boy like he was his own.… I cannot thank him enough, he made a day that was always going to be heartbreaking just that little bit more bearable. Read more “Compassionate and gentle”
Dr Julia was awesome
Easy booking process, great communication, and vet was able to attend quite quickly on a Saturday, even though it wasn’t an emergency. Our cat Storm has had some recent bad experiences at vet surgeries, which makes him very anxious and… a bit aggressive – we were recently told we would have to sedate him heavily to bring him in for a consultation. We booked a home visit with Dr Julia and it was amazing – he was very happy in his own environment, and just thought Dr Julia was giving him lots of cuddles. Dr Julia was very knowledgeable, kind & caring. She came up with some very helpful suggestions on how to proceed with his condition, and left me feeling very reassured. Read more “Dr Julia was awesome”
Dr Stuart was just so warm and kind to our elderly cats needs. We did end of like care for 4 weeks. He made sure she was comfortable. And returned on our request. So glad we found a vet service… that came to our home. Thanks so very much. R.I.P Ziva. Read more “Very compassionate.”
Genuine and Gentle
Pawsumms is the most wonderful service.
To have Dr Tamara come to our home took away the clinical aspect and it was a more relaxing experience for Ethan our 15 year old spoodle and our family . Dr Tamara… came out and watched Ethan for quite a while ,I had asked for her to come for a Quality of life assessment She had seen him a few times towards the end.
Sadly it was time to let Ethan pass.
I had asked for Dr Tamara there was no other vet I wanted at this incredibly sad time in our lives and am grateful that she was so patient and genuine. I’m so glad I chose a home passing it was also very special. Read more “Genuine and Gentle”
Highly recommend Dr Beshoy
Dr Beshoy was very patient and understanding with both my Rosie and myself. As hard as the process was to say goodbye, Dr Beshoy was able to give my much loved Rosie a very peaceful departure to doggie heaven.
Thoughtful and Kind
Dr Stuart was so compassionate and gentle during our quality of life assessment and then enabled us to provide a peaceful loving goodbye to our beloved Labrador, when the time was right. Highly recommend this service as a stress free… way for our pets to be offered quality care. Read more “Thoughtful and Kind”